Nepal, a grand piece of sites, people, culture, customs, colors, and religion, will astound you with its never-ending allures. Witnessing the traces of architectural pasts, to immersing in the calm of valleys, Nepal can delight you in more ways than you can imagine! So, prepare to be surprised at every step as you explore these places to visit in Nepal with family.
Traveling with family can be enjoyable, but most of us struggle to choose a place in Nepal. Due to the country’s extensive travel locations, which can be uncomfortable at times, we may have to know famous destinations each time we plan a family vacation. But, as you know, we are missing out on so much that this wonderful country has to give you and your children. So, what is the answer? Should we continue to be ignorant and take our parents to the boring places? No way, I say! Nepal is such a vibrant nation, and our parents deserve to see array of hues of this country.
Top 5 Best Family Tours in Nepal
A tour through these 5 finest family tours in Nepal will strengthen your bonds with your loved ones like never before. All of these locations provide something for every type of family. What exactly are you waiting for? Begin planning right away!
1. Kathmandu Sightseeing Tour
A popular family tour in Nepal is around the Kathmandu Valley, also called a Kathmandu Valley tour or a Kathmandu day tour. The Kathmandu day tour gives you a full package of art, architecture, history, culture, nature, and adventure.
The Kathmandu sightseeing tour is a one-day tour of the city that takes you to four UNESCO World Heritage sites. Exploring the city’s old monuments, temples, palaces, and streets was like going back in time. And find out about the rich culture and way of life of the people who live in Kathmandu.
Things to do in the Kathmandu Sightseeing Tour
- Visit Kathmandu Durbar Square, an important historical site for Nepalese people that shows how Nepal looked during the Malla and Shah times.
- Visit the Bouddhanath Stupa, which was built by the Siva Deca
- Swayambhunath Temple between 590 and 604 BCE and is said to be the oldest stupa in Nepal, with a history that goes back 2,000 years.
- Hindus believe that Pashupatinath Temple is the holiest place on earth. This temple was built around the 5th century and is a shrine to Lord Shiva, who is one of the most important gods in Hinduism. This temple is one of the “4 pilgrimages of Lord Shiva” throughout all of Asia.
- Patan is one of the oldest Buddhist cities, and it has been home to many different kinds of people for hundreds of years.
- The Malla kings of Nepal lived in Bhaktapur Durbar Square from the 14th to the 15th century. It used to be a royal palace complex.
2. Pokhara-Chitwan-Lumbini Tour
One of the most popular and well-known family tours in Nepal is the Pokhara-Chitwan-Lumbini Tour. This tour is a great way to see a lot of Nepal’s natural beauty and cultural treasures. The Chitwan Lumbini Pokhara Tour package includes mountain landscapes, historical and spiritual attractions, a World Heritage Site, and a jungle safari.
Pokhara is the best place to go if you want to see a wide view of the mountains, go boating on Fewa Lake, or hike to Sarangkot to see the sunrise and sunset. Chitwan is called the Dense Jungle of Nepal because, on the famous jungle safari, you can explore the dense forests of Chitwan National Park. Lumbini is famous for being the place where Siddhartha Gautam was born and for being the capital of Buddhism.
Things to Do in Chitwan
- Chitwan Jungle Safari
- Visit Narayani River
- Explore Tharu Village
- Elephant Breeding Centre
- Bish Hajari Taal Trip
Things to Do in Pokhara
- Boating at Phewa Lake
- Visit Rupa and Begnas lakes
- Barahi Temple
- Sunrise and Sunset view from Sarangkot
- Davis Fall
- Gupteshwor and Mahendra Cave
- Short hike to Peace Stupa
- Zip flyer and Bungee Jumping
- Paragliding / Ultralight
- Annapurna Base Camp Helicopter Tour
Things to do in Lumbini
- Maya Devi Temple
- Ashoka Pillar
- Myanmar Golden Temple
- World Peace Pagoda Lumbini
- Lumbini Museum
3. Bhaktapur and Nagarkot Day Tour
Being another best family tour in Nepal, Nagarkot and Bhaktapur offer you to hike down the winding hills and explore the medieval city of Bhaktapur. The view from Nagarkot of Mount Everest is one of the most famous in the world. To begin, we get an early start and make our way to Nagarkot so that we can get a good view of Everest and the surrounding Himalayan range. The town of Nagarkot has a breathtaking panorama. It features a breathtaking panorama of mountains, rolling hills, and beautiful landscapes. In a similar vein, Bhaktapur is well-known for the cultural beauty of its artistic art, architecture, palace, temples, alleys, and buildings, as well as the life of the locals there.
Things to do in Bhaktapur
- Nyatapola Temple
- Bhairab Temple
- The Golden Gate
- The National Art Gallery
- Batsala Devi Temple
- Pottery Square
- Dattatraya Temple
- Changunarayan Temple
Things to do in Lumbini
- See spectacular views of the Himalayan range including, Mt. Everest
- Stunning Sunrise and Sunset view from the hill station Nagarkot
- Nagarkot Waterfall
4. Half-Day Chandragiri Cable Car Tour
The newest cable car in Nepal is right in Kathmandu. It takes you quickly up and down Chandragiri Hill, where you can get the best view of the snow-capped Himalayas anywhere. Chandragiri is a 2540-meter-high hill from which you can get the best view of the Kathmandu valley as a whole. You will find a resort, a cable car, and restaurants out there.
It takes 10 to 15 minutes for the cable cars to go the 2.5 km distance. It is the best family tours in Nepal for a day trip to see the beautiful natural world. You’ll get to see the Ganesh Himal, Manaslu, Langtang Range, and many other beautiful mountains.
This hill is beautiful and has great natural forests, but it also has important historical beliefs and meanings. This hill has a history that goes back to the great King Prithvi Narayan Shah, who united the small states to make Nepal. From this hill, he had won the battle against the Malla, who were in charge of the Kathmandu valley.
Things to do in Chandragiri Cable Car Tour
- Cable Car ride
- Chandragiri Temple
- Chandragiri Hills Resort
5. Mount Everest Sightseeing Flight
If you don’t have much time in Nepal or you want to see the whole mountain range from above before or after your long trekking trip, an Everest mountain flight is the best way to do it. Seeing the Himalayas from the air was amazing and mesmerizing. There is something about these natural forces that is almost too amazing to see.
During the Everest Mountain Flight, you will see 20 of the highest peaks to the East of Nepal. You will start with the Langtang Lirung Peak, which is the nearest peak to Kathmandu. Then you will fly to Mt. Everest in the East and then to Chamlang Peak. From there, the plane makes a turn, and the passengers get another glimpse of the view as they head back to Kathmandu.
Why Family Tours in Nepal?
Family tours in Nepal are popular for a variety of reasons, thanks to the country’s unique blend of natural beauty, cultural diversity, and adventure opportunities. Here are some reasons why families often choose Nepal as a travel destination:
- Nepal is a great place for families to go on vacation without having to spend a lot of money.
- You can go trekking, hiking, and rafting, which are all fun things to do. On a safari, there is even a chance to see animals. All of these are great things for families to do together.
- In Nepal, people celebrate in many different ways. Families can find out about these things by going to old temples, monasteries, and special events. It gives parents and children a chance to learn about other ways of living.
- Nepal is also a peaceful place where people like to do yoga and meditate. This helps everyone take a break from their busy days and chill out.
- Nepal is also a great place to learn a lot. There, you can learn about the plants, animals, and geography. This is fun for everyone in the family.
- Visit Nationa Parks where rare animals can be seen. It’s fun to see them in their own places.
Taking a family tours in Nepal is like going on an exciting journey. You’ll do amazing things together and make memories that you’ll always love. Every day will be a new and exciting journey, from the huge Himalayan mountains to the busy markets and old temples. By taking in Nepal’s natural beauty and getting to know its friendly people, you’ll not only have a lot of stories to tell, but you’ll also feel really close as a family.
So, pack your stuff, bring your excitement, and get ready for a amazing family tours in Nepal. It will be a trip that serves your family’s storybook with tons of colorful and wonderful moments.